Friday, December 20, 2013

Upgrading to Fedora Heisenbug


Fedora is 10 years old and is celebrating it in style, with an excellent release. For me, this has been one of the best versions. A clean upgrade, an improved interface and new features are visible.



In my case I upgraded my workstation from Fedora 19 using the FedUp client and a virtual machine with Fedora 19 via the yum command. In both cases the result was the same, a shiny Fedora 20.

For me, GNOME 3.10 gives a better user experience. The music and map application are of very good quality. Also, the upgrade solved a problem I have rendering the windows (some of them appeared in black).

In my virtual machine I am implementing Wildfly 8 and testing the network characteristics of bonding and bridging. These will be very useful for  projects I have planned for 2014.

This version is an excellent Pre-Christmas gift, to keep working and continue contributing to the project. For the ones who haven't installed or updated it, here some relevant links:
Content Licensed as Creative Commons CC-BY-SA 3.0