Sunday, January 29, 2012

Hotot: Alternative Microblogging Client

This time I present a microblogging client that I found quite complete: Hotot. I quite liked it by the features it has:
  • Clear and simple interface.
  • Easy to use.
  • Multiplatform.
  • Open source.
  • Support for Twitter and Identica.
  • You can preview images and videos.
  • You can follow the thread of the messages.
  • Handles multiple columns.
  • Integrated notifications with the operating systems.
  • You are able to obtain geographic information from the messages.
  • Handles plugins and different themes (is an application that fit your needs).
  • Excellent content filter.
The only drawback I noticed is that it is still in development (there is no stable release, therefore is not included in the Fedora repositories). However, it doesn't caused me problems.

This is a screenshot of the application (image taken from my computer):

References:
  1. http://hotot.org/
Content Licensed as Creative Commons CC-BY-SA 3.0